Wednesday, May 2, 2012

My 3yr old boy has long (shoulder Blades) blonde curly hair (gorgeous) TBC-----?

my 3yr old boy has long blonde curly hair down to his shoulder Blades, I feel, albeit reluctantly that it now needs a trim, I don't want it shaved off as once thats done I doubt it'll ever be the same again.



But I'm really dubious about taking him to a hairdresser; 1- because the only time I ever took him they charged me 鎷?0.00 for cutting nothing when he cried and shot up my shoulder + wouldn't let them touch it. 2- I don't want him coming out looking stupid because he looks too feminine (he does look boyish at the moment in a michael Bolton sort of way.



I would also appreciate any links to genuine websites that have various hairstyles of long hair males, so I can see different cuts.



Any help/reassurances would be of help.



Thanks



My 3yr old boy has long (shoulder Blades) blonde curly hair (gorgeous) TBC-----?

My son had the same curls! I was very reluctant to cut/trim his hair too, and I'm a Cosmetologist!



I saved ONE long 'lock' from the back, when I decided to cut it, and made the hair cut fun for him. I had a black cape and turned it backwards on him. (told him it was a batman cape!)



When children are this young, style is not really important. They usually won't sit still long enough to go thru a 'style' cut.



The intent is to get them comfortable with someone cutting their hair. In the beginning, the shorter time they're in the chair, the better!



The first time I cut my son's hair, I just did an end trim. (cut around 1-2 inches off. (blunt cut)



Get him used to going to get a trim first. If you take too much hair the first time, he may end up crying and causing a scene. Most children like their hair and are very reluctant to having it cut. (I remember as a child having nightmares about getting it all cut off!) This is not what you want to do!



The one thing that urked me the most about cutting children's hair in the salon I worked in, was that mom and dad would tell me how to cut their child's hair, then stand over me.



Control is a big issue for growing children. If you don't let them have some control over their lives, they rebel in other ways. The one way we can give them a choice, without them getting hurt, is their own hair.



When he gets older, let him decide. If the cut they choose doesn't look good, then they'll learn an important lesson. The good news is that it grows back out!



Best advice: Start out with a simple trim. Go into other hairstyles when he gets older and can appreciate them. Right now he's just too young. Ask the Cosmetologist to make it fun for him. Ask is they have a 'child's cape' he can wear. Tell him about the cape before you go. Be excited about it and maybe he'll get excited too!



Hope this helps!



Good luck!



Carolyn



http://www.lookgreat-loseweight-savemone...



More hair care questions?



http://www.lookgreat-loseweight-savemone...



My 3yr old boy has long (shoulder Blades) blonde curly hair (gorgeous) TBC-----?

i would only hope he comes out of the shop not as vain as you seem to be. He is 3.



My 3yr old boy has long (shoulder Blades) blonde curly hair (gorgeous) TBC-----?

Why not get a mobile hairdresser to come to your house...that way you can sit him in front of his favorite tv programme and he will forget that the hairdresser is there!



My 3yr old boy has long (shoulder Blades) blonde curly hair (gorgeous) TBC-----?

At 3 yrs of age his hair length is not an issue. Take him to a local well know hairdresser if you must cut it. Try surfing the



net 'engines' by typing in" young boys haircuts".



My 3yr old boy has long (shoulder Blades) blonde curly hair (gorgeous) TBC-----?

Sorry, no links but try asking for a surf dude look. Seems to work. My hairdresser told me longer cuts are 'in' and did a fantastic job. Short enough to see, just skims bottom of his neck, very much a boy!



My 3yr old boy has long (shoulder Blades) blonde curly hair (gorgeous) TBC-----?

my nephew had long blonde hair(not down to his shoulder blades but still pretty long) they ended up giving him a hair cut and it's still the same in color and texture. if you cut his hair I'm sure it will be fine, and if it does change it was going to happen anyway. maybe you can save the hair in a baby book or something.



I'm not saying cut it all off, but cut it a bit shorter so you don't have to worry about tangles and him getting food and what not in it.



but if you absolutely don't want it cut short then I'd just do an at home trim for him if you can get him to hold still long enough ; )



My 3yr old boy has long (shoulder Blades) blonde curly hair (gorgeous) TBC-----?

Why don't you ask him what he wants to do with his hair? At 3, he's old enough to have some input on that decision.



My 3yr old boy has long (shoulder Blades) blonde curly hair (gorgeous) TBC-----?

He is three for god sake!! 鎷?0.00 where did you go a top London salon? just take him local and get a trim

No comments:

Post a Comment